Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Flower Confidential


I turned on the radio today halfway through an interview with Amy Stewart, an American writer whose book Flower Confidential has just been published in Britain. the book is about the cut flower trade - I can't comment on it yet as my copy is still in the post - but from what I have read on Amy's website and heard on the wiggly wigglers podcast she did, it seems to be a balanced account. A clear look at the bad practices and problems with cut flower production but married with a voluptuous love of flowers and a realisation that wagging fingers don't change anything.
I have read another couple of books by her - one about making her first garden, the other about worms. She is also very into her chickens.

She is a woman that I think I would get on with.


CL blog still going! here

No comments: