Friday, March 09, 2007

Wonder cloches

Do you remember my putting cloches over my parsley plants in February?
I didn't have enough cloches for all the plants so I covered every second one in the row.

Here are the photographs of the difference in the plants.



The one under the cloche is lush, bright green, soft leaved and ready for picking.

The one without cover is tiny, its leaves went mushy in the frost, and it is yellow and poorly looking.


It will recover, both will be thriving by May. But for the moment the cloches are giving me enough fresh parsley for my cooking.

Those C18th dutchmen knew a thing or two about gardening.

1 comment:

weirdbunny said...

Last year the woodcutter planted a massive section of the garden with parsley !! I was astounded he'd used up so much space on something we hardly use!