Thursday, January 18, 2007

We have snow . . .

We woke up this morning to the first proper snow of the year - it is actually quite mushy snow and will probably be gone by tonight, but at the moment it is spectacular.
Jasmine and I went out for a walk - she loves the snow and bounces through it, but her fur is the type that snow sticks to, so she quickly turned into a shivery snowball and we came home.
Now we are cosy inside - still busy with a glue gun - this time with individual allium florets which are making delicate starry hearts.
I am listening to one of the Eie Flud podcasts
- I really like these, they are a great advert for children growing up within a family business, and I find it really interesting to hear people talking about their passions. The podcast I have just been listening to was about a perfume inspired by watery sun illuminating frost on a meadow and it made me think that perfumes, like flowers, should really be seasonal.

8 comments:

Clare and Mike said...

Hi there! How lovely to see some snow! We are having horrendous gales and rain here in Oxfordshire, quite frightening at times. A quite agree about the seasonal perfume, you need something much lighter and delicate in the summer compared to the winter!

Primrose Hill said...

Hi Jane,

Snap, we've got snow too, it's fab! Not sure how long it will last so I'm going to make the most of it and go out for a walk this afternoon, now that it's actually stopped snowing!
L x

Tracy x said...

You lucky things having snow - down here in Kent we have driving rain and gale force winds!!
Cannot wait to move North x
P.S - I love the Honesty Hearts - i can just see them in my new home in Scotland!

Jane said...

Thanks Tracey, I think that the hearts will work well - particularly as they will be reasonable to post once I get my mail order website up and running. . .

The snow is beginning to melt a bit now - I have just been out with Jasmine taking photographs of thawing rosehips. Now the children are back from school and making a snow seal. No doubt they will return frozen and tearful soon.

I think that the gales are due to arrive here tonight.

Heather said...

Jane

glad you liked the podcast - I think businesses and children can go together - they do learn stuff thats valuable that they don't get in school.

We are awash with water presently and the wind is terrible - so snow would be quite welcome at the minute

Heather

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photographs Jane, snow would be preferable to the gales we are contending with here in England. I agree perfumes should be seasonal oh and BTW "Falling Cloudberries" is divided into countries eg. Finland, Italy, Cyprus etc. It is quite a good read as cookery books go but I haven't tried any of the recipes yet.

deb said...

How pretty. I love that light dusting that's just enough to make it pretty. We got a bit last night too.

Nonnie said...

The snow looks gorgeous. I'd love to have a bit down here. Especially if it meant I couldn't get to work!(The district line doesn't work well at the best of times so snow would surely finish it off)Enjoy it.