Monday, January 02, 2006

New Year


This snowy weather has meant that I have been unable to get cracking with all the outdoor jobs that were put off while wreath making in December. Instead I have been sorting out the garage and potting up the amaryllis bulbs which didn't sell as Christmas presents. Most of the straightforward red/white and stripy ones have gone but I have been left with the more unusual varieties - probably because I didn't get myself organised enough to find photographs of what they look like in bloom. I am quite pleased though as I think that a few big planters full of the small flowered "Giraffe" , the stems supported by alder twigs, will look spectacular - I am also looking forward to seeing how dark "Royal Velvet" really is and will pot a few up for the house in a large dark red cylinder vase to put on the coffee table http://www.whiteflowerfarm.com/40288-product.html

No comments: