Monday, November 21, 2005

Tir-na-nOg Festive Fair

I have spent this evening addressing and stuffing envelopes to send out with my Christmas Price List and invites to the Tir-na-nOg Festive Fair on Sunday 27th. I have begun to paint pieces of chipboard to make signs for along the verge and thought I would write this while I wait for them to dry.
The Fair is looking as though it will come together well - there is a lovely selection of stalls - from Spiky Pebble, who make doorstops, bags and wonderful advent calenders from old tweeds and kilts ( I am planning to buy some of their cute chicken egg cosies made out of felt) to Mona Archibald who crafts flying fish mobiles out of felt and feathers, from Gullane Antiques who are bringing a selection of antiques suitable to give as Christmas presents to Jan Rooney who makes floral jewellery out of aluminium. I was given one of Jan's brooches as a Christmas present last year and have worn it endlessly - getting lots of compliments along the way. There will also be baskets, hampers, soaps, pottery, prints, paintings, clothing accessories and crafts, not to mention Tir-na-nOg's own shop which is full of vibrant candles, jewellery and a great selection of books.

I shall be there with wreaths and decorations to order, bulbs and planters to buy on the day and my range of textile bits and bobs. Now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed about the weather, we are promised a cold but dry weekend so wrap up warm and come and do your Christmas shopping - directions to Tir-na-nOg are onhttp://www.tirnanog.co.uk

If you want to pre-order anything contact me on snap.dragon@ukonline.co.uk.

No comments: