Wednesday, May 16, 2007

New home for Tim . . .

An update on Tim - the dog we are fostering - for all the e-mailing well wishers.

After a delay caused by tying up legal loose ends there is now a permanent home for Tim to go to. It will be back in Dumbarton, near to where he used to live, so I think that he will be happy. We shall have him here for the next 10 days or so and then deliver him to his new owner.

He is a really lovely dog but I am glad that he is moving on. He has become very attached to me and follows me round all the time - tap, tap, tap on the chipboard floors. This has got more pronounced over the last week and now he howls if I have to go out. Hopefully he will make the transition to his new home smoothly. Fingers crossed.

His main complaints about our house are the presence of cats and the absence of biscuits. With the enforced diet and the cat chasing, he is definitely leaving a trimmer dog than he arrived.

11 comments:

Elizabethd said...

How lovely that you have found him a new home. I'm sure you will miss him, just a bit!

Un Peu Loufoque said...

Oh poor wee mutt he will miss you. Hope he is ahppy as I sure he will be.

ginny said...

My springer spanial "Silas" follows me about from room to room and slumps down at my feet when I sit down to sew. He is also terrified of my 2 cats - so much so that he is reluctant to go out in the garden (even though he's got a dog flap) in case they hiss at him! I'll ask Ginny to put a photo of him on the blog.
Alice ( The other one at the flour loft)

MILLY said...

Hi Jane,
My exhibition is at Brantwood,Coniston in the Lake District. The date is creeping up on me, 21st July. There is a link on my wedsite to Brantwood.
I am one of the few who stayed at CL blogs,I still blog and know other people enjoy reading and seeing my drawings, which was why I started there. People blog for different reasons, mine was to share my drawings, thats what I am still doing. I "met" some lovely people, thanks to CL site, and pop into their new site to read my favourites, they all seem happy there. And of course your super blog, through the CL site.Milly x

Suffolkmum said...

Good luck to Tim! How nice that he'll have a new home, well done you.

Bluestocking Mum said...

Well done you for looking after him. I am pleased he has got a new home.

warm wishes
x

Samantha said...

You are very kind to have looked after him - plus looking after his waistline too.

Hope his new owners appreciate it!

Inthemud said...

Oh How will you bear to let him go, I think I'd get too attached. Wonderful thimg you;'re doing though and hope Timmy will be happy in his new home!

Milkmaid said...

Tim sounds wonderful, this house always seems quite with a tip tap of a terrier's feet, i couldn't be without them

Anonymous said...

Great news.

Ragged Roses said...

Really pleased to hear that Tim has a new home.
Kim x