Saturday, November 11, 2006

Way to go Lisa and Laura.




One of the things that I like about nurturing a small business is meeting others who are doing the same. People who are trying to work in an individual, ethical way making things with care and love in a life that is too filled with corporate dullness and tacky plastic.

Two of my favourite fellow businesswomen have been doing great things this week - Laura from LuckyCats has branched out into making a range of soy candles which are fragranced to match her fantastic soaps - the left hand photo shows part of her stall at a Fair held yesterday. She has also begun a blog about her business and her family life at http://www.luckycatsorganicsoap.blogspot.com. I love the tealights and intend to buy lots to line up along my bath for a relaxing steep.

Lisa at Primrose Hill Interiors has had a great business break with her beautiful notebvooks being featured on the first page of Country Living Magazine's shopping guide Emporium. Lisa's products are all top top quality and I'm sure that masses of people will buy them as perfect Christmas presents. http://www.primrosehillinteriors.co.uk

The other photo is of my stall - put in because it is red and jolly and because I love the red glass ice bucket. The mug in the background (coffee is SO essential at a Christmas Fair) is a Park Life mug designed by Kate Watt and available from Kate and Katrina at Park Life - 01360 661 317. They also have a range of Charity Think Pink Mugs in pink tartan and spots which are being sold for the Think Pink cancer research charity.

2 comments:

Primrose Hill said...

Hey, thanks for the plug, I've been floating around on a bit of a cloud today! Lauras candles look super, I'll have to get some at the Ashfield fair. How are all your fairs going?
Off to sew by the fire!

Jane said...

You deserve the plug! I don't plug anything I don't believe in. let me know when your orders come flooding in.
Yesterday's Fair was good - it was the first Christmas Fair of the season last year - this year it was my 5th - it just shows how everything seems to have moved forward.
Tonight we are off to celebrate a friend's 40th - a bus has been ordered to ferry us & half the neighbourhood to and from the ceildh - so it sould be a good night.
I am now also off to sew by the fire, I need to alter the straps on my dress to stop its cleavage plunging down to my tummy button (Not a nice thought)
J