Friday, September 08, 2006

Buggy white dahlias


I was giving white dahlias away free today as they had become infested with midgies overnight! Free Scottish dahlias. I don't know why and I don't know why it was just the white ones.
Submerging the flowers underwater until they swim out or drown seemed to work but I just didn't have time.
I found this chilli and garlic bug repellent recipe on the blog http://inmykitchengarden.blogspot.com
and thought that I might give it a try.

"One thing that I have found to work on most garden pests is real easy to make at home, and it may help with deer. I found that mixing 5 cloves of garlic, 4 tablespoons of red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup of dish soap and 2 gallons of water in a garden sprayer work quite well. I use all natural dish soap which is detergent free and organic garlic and red pepper flakes."

No comments: